- ...currently affiliated with Penn State? Due to many licensing restrictions, we can only sell to individuals that are current faculty, staff, or students. A faculty/staff member must currently be receiving a paycheck from Penn State and students must currently be registered for/taking classes. For this reason, we cannot sell to alumni or retired faculty/staff with the exception of those faculty that retire with Emeritus status.
- If you are a student but not currently enrolled in classes (eg. taking a semester off) you will not be eligible to purchase from the Computer Store until you are again taking classes.
- If you have just signed up for classes or just paid your bill, you may not be in our database yet. We get weekly files from the Penn State Accounts Office that we use to update our database. Once we get the file with your updated information, we can update our records. This can take from a few business days to over a week depending on when the Accounts Office records are updated.
- If you are a new employee and have just recently completed your employment paperwork, you may not be in our database yet. We get weekly files from the Penn State Accounts Office that we use to update our database. Once we get the file with your updated information, we can update our records. This can take from a few business days to over a week depending on when the Accounts Office records are updated.
- If you are an adjunct faculty and/or sign an employment contract on a semester basis, you will only be eligible while you are under contract. If you take a semester off or there is a gap between contracts, you will not be eligible during that time.
- If you retired with Emeritus status, you must have a valid Penn State email account and have agreed to Policy AD20. If you have not done this, please contact the Penn State Computer Accounts Office (814-865-4772) for more information.
- ...using your PSU ID#? Your PSU ID# is the 9-digit number that begins with a "9" on the bottom of your Penn State photo ID (please see picture), Penn College ID numbers will start with a "7". Social security numbers, UserID's (abc1234) and email addresses will not work.
- ...using dashes or spaces when typing your PSU ID#? Please type your number without any dashes or spaces (912345678).
- ...typing your last name exactly as it appears on your Penn State photo ID card? Please include suffixes (Jr., III, etc.) if they appear on your card.
- ...have an apostrophe in your last name (eg. O'Brian)? If so, please use the accent grave (`) instead of the apostrophe symbol (please see picture). Customers with apostrophes in their names are currently coming up in our files with the accent grave symbol instead of the apostrophe. We are working to fix this error as quickly as possible.
If you have looked over these common login issues and are still having problems, please contact us at 814-863-7777, option 1.